Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thoughts as the year ends...

As the students left for summer break and as the teachers sealed the last few boxes of supplies and materials to be stored for summer, I looked around my lab and realized that my school year never really ends. Just like any other teacher, I look forward to the warm and lazy days of summer, but unlike some teachers who leave the gradebooks behind for a few months, my computer will be up and running each and every day. I am always on the look out for new tools that could be utilized within our curriculum. I research 2.0 tools and see which ones that my teachers could use for productivity purposes. I create new "how to's",update ones from the past and post to my wiki and blog of online resources. Because I have more free time in the summer, I think that this is my time to really dig in deep to bring new and improved ideas back to school in the fall.

I would hope that all my hard work during the summer pays off when school begins again!